I have missed writing on here, though it’s only been a few days. So here goes another question/answer post. This is the second-to-last one, and I am hoping to finish both of them tonight, so stay tuned…
- What is your belief about money?
Save it. As much of it as possible. It’s not worth the stress in your life and the danger in your life that frivolous spending and irresponsible saving can lead to. As for money in general, it stinks! Let’s face it, no one would do an honest day’s work if they didn’t have the motivation of money, but it also makes people jealous, envious, and plain old evil.
- How does your family handle money?
See above? I mean, I handle my own money my own way. What they do with their’s is their business.
- What are your money goals?
Right now I’m trying to save for a safer winter vehicle!
- How much stress does money cause in your life?
None. Until you get one of those huge bills for some doctor’s appointment or other function. And then you realize that it would be lovely to know how much these tests and crap would cost you before you go to the appointments…
- Do you live beyond your means?
Never. I was raised to live below my means so that I never have to rely on a man (or anyone else for that matter) to save me from my own debt.
- Do you impulse-buy or do you evaluate your impulses versus your needs?
There are moments. Impulse buys are very rare in my life and I make sure that I have enough money to do the impulse buying before going out with a wallet full (okay, maybe not entirely full) of money to spend.
- What do you do with money? Do you tend to save, spend, or invest?
Uh, I earn it? And then I spend it? As to the second question: yes, yes, and yes!
- When was the last time you checked your credit? What is your score?
Never. Why check it for no reason? Besides, people look at how many times you check your credit and it can give you a bad rap if you check too many times. No idea what my score is, not that I’d care to share it on here for anyone to see.
- How much money do you spend on personal care- hair, nails, etc.?
I get my hair cut about once a year, maybe twice. For less than 30 bucks each time. Every now and then I’ll buy a one dollar bottle of nail polish and do my own nails. (For the record, we should not ignore the fact that I do spend money on hair shampoo, own fingernail clippers, etc. It’s not as though I live like a bum, but I also don’t spend on hair dye, french manicures, etc.)
- Do you have outstanding debts?
- How much money do you need to feel comfortable?
With the way society is today, I need more than you might realize. I know what I can live on comfortably, but there is always that fear that health insurance will go up, some idiot will wreck into my car, or some other “natural” disaster will occur that will require me to have a ton of money.
- What are your retirement plans?
Considering I just started my first full-time job, I have no retirement plans. Though I do have a 401K and some investments to save money for the future…
- How would you handle an unexpected life change (like a job loss)?
A job loss? I’d cry! Who cares about money, I’d just be devastated! I work my butt off at my job and I love my students and coworkers so much! As for money, my family can always support me if they need to, but I would go back to my previous employer if I absolutely had to.
- Are you willing to provide financial support to your partner?
Erm, what partner?
- How do you feel about being supported by a partner?
Again…. see above?
- What is the best money advice that works for you?
My dad always told me three things:
- Never owe anyone anything that way you can live independently and with less stress.
- If you plan to use credit or checking accounts, make sure you have all of the money already saved so that you don’t have to worry about paying interest or defaulting your account.
- Choose a career that pays well, but choose one that you love first. Then you won’t hate money so much and you will be provided for by yourself without needing anyone to support you.
I would put some additional thoughts here, but I hadn’t expected to find these questions about money. Now that I think about it though, I did read a chapter about finances…